Friday, March 12, 2010

How to make Money in Blogging?

Maybe some of you already upped their brows reading this blog entitled “How to make money in Blogging?”. As what I always mentioned in my blog, I am just writing what’s on my mind, so if you think this will just lose your time, you can always exercise your democracy.

From the keyword “making money in blogging”, I don’t think this blog will top from any search engine that you use, and will not even included in the first 100 results. I am not also a blogging guru who knows all about this profession but through reading the popular e-books about SEO, I think I am a little bit knowledgeable.

In making money through blogging, the first question always is, Can we really make money by just sitting in front of our laptop and blog? Can we earn a lot from it? There is only one definite answer, and that is YES! The second question is………… how, how and how? Let me answer these questions based on my tiny experience. When I first blog, just this February 2010, I thought that it would be that easy, that I would write a blog and the money will pour immediately, that I would write a blog and I will be recognized. Nah,,,,, I was wrong, the books that I’ve read made me realized that you really have to put your heart and mind to whatever you are posting, no copy and paste, always be updated and give credit to other bloggers. Blogging is addictive, I am doing this for months and yeah, I can’t get out of it.

My topic is about earning money in blogging so here are the tips:

1. SET YOURSELF – set yourself for your goal. Am I really committed? Can I write? Do I have a good idea? You know my first content, it is just about myself, about my students and about my daily experiences. And I am very happy, because my students appreciate it. I earned nothing from that, except appreciation. That is the largest payment I have received. No money at first, appreciation is your initial motivation. But as I learned little, I have realized that blogging should not be self centered, you should widen your scope and try to reach outside your boundaries. Make quality blog for people, for fans and for everyone. That’s why my content tackles about miscellaneous things, depending on what is in demand. If you are worrying about your English, this is the only thing that I can say,” all men were born knowing nothing”.

2. TARGET YOUR AUDIENCE – this is the second most important thing. Who are my readers? Are they Filipino? Americans? Chinese? Then make a good and timely article for them. Let them read your content and spread it by means of syndication. Add your blog to directories and be sure that every time you add your blog, someone would read it. If you have many friends in twitter , Friendster or facebook. Utilize it.

3. ADD YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME- when you think your blog has an average visit per day of 1,000 page views, you can add now your source of income or advertisements. There are so many platforms out there that we can use, sign up for Adsense, Adbrite, Bidvertiser, Chitika, Text link ads, kontera, infolinks and many more. They are all good and reliable sites which will help you in your pursuit.

4. PUT YOUR HEART INTO IT – don’t be worried if at first, you earned nothing, it’s but natural. We know of bloggers who earned only after years. In addition to, every successful bloggers experienced the same thing. Just be consistent, add blogs that are interesting, timely and will touch the heart of your audience/readers.

5. LEARN SEO – this is the most important above all, Search Engine is the immediate resource that a user can rely upon, so we should optimize our content. Giving you a bit of idea about this, before creating your blog, think of keywords that your user might type in the search box (of either google, bing, or yahoo). When you targeted that exact keyword, use it in your title and your content. When you hit the exact formula, then a nice traffic would come, and this means more money.

With these five tips, I hope you can initialize your own blog. It’s ok that you have not yet have your own domain. There are still popular blogging platforms out there like blogspot, wordpress and typepad that you can use; they are all customizable and useful. When we earned enough, then that would be our next step, buying our own domain.

Happy bloggers usually use this formula: MONEY = QUALITY CONTENT + NICE TRAFFIC
Happy blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment